Skip to main content
Get your Wikispaces Classroom now:
the easiest way to manage your class.
Pages and Files
Palaro Sports Events
2008 Online Result
2009 Online Result
2010 Online Result
2011 Online Result
Schedule & Ground Rules
Forms and Templates
Point System Matrix
THE PALARONG PAMBANSA PROGRAM
The Palarong Pambansa Board
The Hosting of the Palarong Pambansa
Criteria for the Selection of Venue
The Selection and Awarding of the Host LGU / RO / DO
Responsibilities of the Host LGU / RO / DO
Minimum Requirements for the Opening & Closing Ceremonies
Minimum Requirements for Billeting Areas & Playing Venues
I. Description of the Palarong Pambansa Program
1. The Palarong Pambansa Program is an annual multi-level national scholastic athletic competition conducted by the Department of Education and participated in by the elementary and secondary pupils / students both from public and private schools.
2. It starts with the school intramural followed by the district, division, regional athletic meets and culminates in the national game known as PALARONG PAMBANSA.
3. It is the laboratory of all learned / acquired knowledge, skills, attitude in the Physical Education curriculum.
4. It is an avenue that provides in-school youth opportunities to improve their physical, moral, intellectual and social well-being.
5. It serves as a means to promote education, health, development and peace.
II. Objectives of the Palarong Pambansa Program
The objectives of the Palarong Pambansa Program are;
1. to promote Physical Education and Sports as an integral part of the Basic Education Curriculum and as an affirmation to the schools' commitment to the full development of the great potentials of the youth to become responsible and globally competitive citizens of our society;
2. to instill and imbibe among the pupils / students the spirit of discipline, teamwork, excellence, fair play, solidarity, sportsmanship and other values inherent in sports to build a Strong Republic;
3. to widen the base for talent identification, selection, recruitment, training and exposure of elementary and secondary pupils / students.
4. to provide a database for a valid and universal basis to further improve the school sports development program; and
5. to serve as a feeder to the National Sports Associations (NSA) for further training for international competitions.
III. The 2008-2010 Palarong Pambansa Board
Secretary Jesli A. Lapus
Undersecretary Ramon C. Bacani
Undersecretary Franklin C. Sunga
Undersecretary Manaros B. Boransing
Undersecretary Teodosio C. Sangil Jr.
Undersecretary Antonio A. Inocentes
Undersecretary Vilma L. Labrador
Education Secretary, ARMM
Head of the Host LGU
Chairman, Philippine Sports Commission
Task Force on School Sports
1. The Palarong Pambansa Board shall formulate policies and guidelines that shall govern the conduct of the Palarong Pambansa and other related school sports activities, approve budget allocations for the Palaro, decide on the host of the Palaro and to directly supervise the preparation and conduct of the Palaro.
2. The DepED Regional Offices shall organize their Regional Athletics Associations (RAAs) using the same organizational pattern, including Local Government Units (LGUs) in their regions. The RAAs shall supervise the division meets and organize the regional delegation for the Palarong Pambansa.
3. The Host Palaro Executive Committee shall be organized and it shall be in charge of the hosting of the Palaro. It will be composed of the Head of the host LGU as the Chairman, the DepED Regional Director as Co-Chairman and the host Schools Division Superintendent as the Executive Secretary. Members shall be the Chairmen of the Working Committees who will be designated by the Chairman of the Executive Committee.
IV. The Hosting of the Palarong Pambansa
The hosting of the Palarong Pambansa is determined by bidding and guided by the principle of rotation. The rotation follows the "Visayas-Luzon-Mindanao-Luzon" cycle. The purpose is to have modern sports complexes and facilities in all regions and to promote the socio-economic-cultural characteristics of provinces and cities through school sports.
Criteria for the Selection of Venue for the Palarong Pambansa
The Palarong Pambansa Board shall select the venue of the next Palarong Pambansa based on the following general criteria:
1.1 The sports facilities to be used must be of international standards and that these are well-secured but accessible to the general public.
1.2 The billeting areas for the athletic delegations and technical officials are adequate and conveniently located, with adequate rooms, comfort rooms, washing, kitchen and dining areas and other basic requirements.
1.3 The sports facilities and billeting areas must have adequate supply of water and uninterrupted electric power.
1.4 There must be available basic services such as medical / dental, transportation and communication.
1.5 The peace and order situation in the locality must be excellent and conducive to the holding of a national activity.
1.6 The host local government must be capable and willing to shoulder expenses necessary for the hosting of the Palarong Pambansa, including construction and renovation of sports facilities, billeting and other infrastructural requirements.
1.7 All socio-economic-political groups, government and non-government agencies in the region must manifest uncompromising unity in ensuring the successful staging of the Palarong Pambansa.
2. The Selection and Awarding of the host LGU / RO / DO
2.1 The Office of the Secretary shall invite bidders for the hosting of the Palarong Pambansa.
2.2 The Task Force on School Sports (TFSS) shall conduct an evaluation of the offers of the bidding LGUs / ROs / DOs based on the criteria on the selection of the host LGU / Region.
2.3 The Palaro Board shall review the evaluation report and come up with a collective preferred host.
2.4 The Palaro Board shall convene the Executive Committee to be chaired by the Head of the host local government and co-chaired by the DepED Regional Director of the host region, with the host Schools Division Superintendent as the Executive Secretary.
2.5 In case there no bidders, the DepED Secretary, upon consultation with the Regional Directors shall identify a host Regional Office.
3. Responsibilities of the host LGU / RO / DO
3.1 Local Government Unit (LGU)
3.1.1 Ensure the availability of all technical facilities, billeting quarters, playing venues, transportation and other amenities;
3.1.2 Ensure the availability of technical equipment, materials and supplies which shall be according to the specifications prescribed by the Technical Management and Games Administration Committee;
3.1.3 Promote and sustain the socio-economic and cultural development of province / city;
3.1.4 Ensure peace and order; and
3.1.5 Source funds from other government and non-government agencies.
3.2 Regional / Division Office
3.2.1 Implement all policies and guidelines;
3.2.2 Regional Athletic Association headed by the Regional Director shall organize the different working committees; and
3.2.3 Perform other functions / tasks duly assigned by the Palaro Board.
4. Minimum Requirements for the Opening and Closing Ceremonies
4.1 Stage for the Opening and Closing Ceremonies
4.2 Lights and Sound System
4.3 Parade of Athletes and Athletic Delegations
4.4 Presence of DepED and National / Local Government Officials, invited guests, visitors
4.5 Simple field demonstration / presentation
5. Minimum Requirements for:
5.1 Billeting Areas
5.1.1 There must be at least one room for every 15 delegation members or a minimum of 40 classrooms for every delegation.
5.1.2 There must be one comfort room (T&B) for every 25 delegation members.
5.1.3 There must be non-stop, clean and adequate water supply and uninterrupted electric power.
5.1.4 There must be available and spacious washing areas and clean lavatories with good drainage system.
5.1.5 There must be clean, well-ventilated and spacious dining / kitchen area.
5.2 Playing venues and other facilities
5.2.1 Standard playing areas / venues for all sport events.
5.2.2 Accessible to transportation and communication.
5.2.3 Complete standard equipment for the different sports events.
5.2.4 Availability of grandstands and bleachers.
6. Other Guidelines
6.1 If there is a clear indication that the venue will not be ready on the date of the Palarong Pambansa, the Secretary has the option to reset it at a later date.
6.2 The DepED shall be consulted on the technical aspects of the construction of the facilities for the different sports events.
6.3 After the Palaro, the DepED shall provide assistance in the formulation of the sports program to ensure the maximum utilization of the sports facilities.
DepED Memorandum No. 65, s. 2007
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"